Introduced to North America by Unilock®, Brussels Block is the original tumbled paver. Its timeless warmth, relaxed appearance and tumbled finish reflect the design cues of quarried stone.
Brussels Block is the original tumbled concrete paver in North America and still our most popular. The relaxed appearance of Brussels Block fits in practically any design situation. Consider accenting or bordering with Copthorne® for a very striking yet classic look.
Base Requirement & Bedding Course – standard paver base specification.
Handling and Installation– A protective pad is required when doing the final paver compaction. Both herringbone and linear patterns are common.
Jointing Material and Joint Stabilization
- Good: ordinary dry joint sand
- Best: Any Polymeric Sand or ordinary dry joint sand stabilized by a water-based or solvent-based joint sand stabilizer sealer. (Joints should be flooded but the paver surface must be squeegeed and/or blown clean.)
Special Note: Gator Maxx Polymeric Sand (overlays)
- Product may be sealed but it is not absolutely required.
- Unilock Unicare, Surebond, BP Pro and Techniseal sealers can be used.
- Select type for desired aesthetics.
- Product must be cleaned before sealing.
Cleaners – Any paver cleaner may be used for color restoration or general cleaning. Follow manufacturer’s dilution rates and application procedures.