The Ultimate Driveway Paver
Bring a sense of old-world Europe to your design with Courtstone. The unsurpassed strength and realistic texture create an everlasting product which is ideal for driveways and accents.
Cobblestone style meets high technology. Made with Ultima concrete which is up to 4 times stronger than conventional poured concrete, Courtstone is the ultimate driveway and accent paver. Each cobble is uniquely formed to closely resemble authentic European cobblestones.
Base Requirement & Bedding Course – standard paver specification
Handling & Installation – A protective pad is required when doing the final paver compaction. Courtstone installs in a linear random only. Be sure to offset joints for best appearance. Cutting is seldom required if you carefully select the end paver sizes. Recommend that the orientation of the pavers to be oriented in the direction to avoid “visual corn rows” as much as possible. The random pattern is the most pleasing. Minimum radius 6 feet for curved applications. Install from multiple pallets for best color distribution.
- All paver applications. (no walls)
Jointing Material and Joint Stabilization
- Good: Ordinary dry joint sand stabilized by a water-based or solvent based joint sand stabilizer sealer.
- Better: EasyPro , Techniseal RG+, Polymeric Sand MAX
- Best: Alliance Sand – Eurostone
- Polymeric sand is often installed too high in the joint. Ensure the sand level is lower than the paver surface to allow for a three dimensional appearance.
- Alliance Gator Maxx Polymeric Sand is recommended for concrete overlays.
- Courtstone installations should always be encapsulated with a tighter joint paver on the outside row such as Copthorne, Umbriano or Belpasso. Using Courtstone at the outer edge of an installation may result in joint sand loss on the outside row.
- Product may be sealed but it is not absolutely required
- Sealers generally decrease the slip resistance of a product
- Unilock Unicare, Surebond, BP Pro and Techniseal sealers can be used.
- Semi-gloss sealers will still appear glossy on this product. Please test a stone to ensure the desired effect.
- Product must be cleaned before sealing
Cleaners – Any paver cleaner from Unilock, Techniseal, Surebond or BP- Pro is acceptable.
Special note: Other than overlay on concrete stoops and steps, you should have a bedding layer between the pavers and the poured concrete surface to avoid issues with height variance